Thursday, April 9, 2009

Staycation Days 2 and 3: Desert Camping

Jeremy and the kids love to go camping and I love... well, making them happy - so I go too. Only this time I got the best of both worlds. I took Ella back home at night and we slept at home while Jeremy and the kids camped over night. Secretly - no longer a secret - I was glad Ella gave me an excuse to go back home and sleep in my nice warm bed.


Note to self: if you don't want the kids to whine when hiking - play detective and superheroes during the hike. It will make them feel like they are playing and not hiking.


"I'm just along for the ride - Daddy is my pack-mule"


Just one of the many Desert Beauties






Yet another Desert Beauty








2 comments:

  1. You guys are awesome to go camping. I am afraid of bugs and stuff, so I am with you on sleeping at home for the night.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great. One day we will have to take the kids camping...but i'm with ya sleeping at home in a comfy bed.

    ReplyDelete