So - what is the best way to make new friends - anyone have any ideas? I'd welcome them. I just miss my circle of AZ friends. There's a little piece of me missing, and I'm sure some new friends will help.
I remember growing up in the military as we moved from place to place. I remember being a little lost when we'd get to a new place and have to find friends. I thought that would go away as an adult. But now I'm realizing that adults need friends just as much a kids do! Maybe a little more. I always had my brothers and sisters there to play with growing up. But there's is a bright side here, a very bright side, because I have moved to a place where I am closer to family and can, once again, "play" with my brothers and sisters. But they are still an hour away so it's not as easy as when they were living in the same house as me. So I guess I can't feel too bad for myself after all.
At your request finally here are some pics of our new house.
My favorite things about our new house are:
1) The view of the mountains behind our house.
2) I have a basement to send the kids down to be noisy in, instead of having them at a maximum distance of 20 feet by me all day long.
3) Having all the toys downstairs and not in our main living area, this make the house feel very clean almost all of the time with little effort!
4) Having grass and a playset in our backyard.
5) Lots of storage.
6) Now we have a place for our guests to sleep without displacing one of the kids. (aka - all are welcome to come visit and stay the night - we've set up a cool little cowboy room called "The Sundance Room" after Jeremy's middle name)
7) A big garage where we don't have to move our cars in and out in order to get the kids' bikes out!
I bet you love all the space you have. I totally agree that it is hard to make friends. I think that we won't be here forever so why make friends? It is hard to get settled. I am feeling a huge void from my Tucson friends too. It wasn't bad while I was at my parents, but now that we've moved it is BAD.I need to call you and chat. We miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteHey, I am totally with you. I am missing friends and I don't really know how to start all over again. And this time it is hard because it is weird to be in Hershey without the old gang, such as you guys. Good luck with getting settled. I love your house and I am so jelous of you basement. I had on in MT and now I don't, I don't know where to send my kids.
ReplyDeleteThat house is SO nice! And you have grass, I'm very jealous. Good luck with the friends, it's true that women, especially, need that in their life as a support.
ReplyDelete--Robin
ok i looked and looked but i can't find where you moved....I had no idea you were going elsewhere!! Hope all is well!~
ReplyDelete